Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Before & After


First, I have to admit this is not the first time I've cut Paul's hair, but it has been years. I remember the first time I thought it would be so easy, I mean my mom was a stylist for 30 years, I practically grew up at the salon, I saw her do it 100 times, I got this!  Ohhhhh, how wrong I was!  My first attempt took about 45 minutes...maybe an hour. I was a wreck as soon as I realized I had no idea how to CUT hair, sure I could use the clippers and do a buzz cut (a really short buzz cut), but the scissors are a whole other thing. It's so easy to take off too much. I only made 2 more attempts after that and decided that was it.

Well that was over 6 years ago and for some reason he wanted me to try it again (brave man). He must really hate going to the barbers. I've decided the reason I get so nervous is because Paul works in a professional setting, he wears a dress shirt and tie everyday, he does not need to show up like a 5 year old took a pair of scissors to head, and I really don't think a buzzed head would be the right look for him.

Alright, enough with the drama. Yesterday's haircut actually turned out pretty good. Up close it's easy to see there is room for improvement, but I like to think my mom was there guiding me through and calming my nerves. I think she would of been proud.

4 comments:

  1. That came out good, Molly! My husband has tried to get me to cut his hair but I've never dared :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. It looks good and he still has his ears!! I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it. My 15 year old son has started cutting his 7 year old brother's hair. He's practicing so he can cut hair in college and make money at the dorm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean it's not as easy as it looks! My husband always wants me to cut his hair and I used to dread it. Now I just do it as quick as possible and he hasn't fired me yet. :)

    ReplyDelete